Monday, June 20, 2011

Potluck Survival Guide

 Five Star Publications sent me a copy of Potluck Survival Guide Care & Feeding of the Athletic Supporter by Cherie Kimmons for review. I love this cookbook. There are so many amazing recipes for feeding a crowd in this book. It was kinda hard to choose which one to post in the review. I chose Pecan Biscuit Ring from page 59 of the Breakfast section.

 This is a super simple recipe. It would be really hard to mess this one up. Easy enough for weekday breakfast if you take into consideration the 40 bake time. I personally get up early so this is not a problem for me.
 About halfway through the baking time I walked into the kitchen. There was this amazingly homey smell and I thought " This is comfort food".

Pecan Biscuit Ring
  Perfect for those hungry teenagers that always seem to show up hungry. Y'all know what I am talking about. If not (cuz your kids are still young) you will.

 We used real maple syrup in the recipe. Not that maple flavored corn syrup so the ring would not be so incredibly sweet.I am not a big fan of sweets but I have to admit Hubby and I polished off half of the ring in about 10 minutes. This recipe is highly addictive. MMMMMmmmmmm really delicious. I did have to bake it a little longer than the 40 minutes as it was not quite done in the center.

Potluck Survival Guide is another great cookbook from Five Star Publications.

Want to keep up with all things Five Star Publications? You can follow em on Twitter and like em on Facebook .
Ready to buy? head on over to Five Star Publications and get yourself or a friend a copy. They also sell books in numerous other categories like:
Non Fiction
Fiction
Cookbooks
Educational
Business
Jewish
Mystery
Western
Children
Poetry
Other Gifts










No comments: